"ruff" guide to a librarian

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Long time no blog

Hello everyone!

So a lot has happened since my last post, which happened to be a school assignment. Yet rather than blab on and on about the past, let me tell you about the future.

Trek passed his Therapy Dogs International therapy dog test with flying colors. I am awaiting his official paperwork from TDI.

The most exciting upcoming event is happening this weekend is the International Kennel Club of Chicago Dog Show. Come visit the show and bring along this coupon.
I will be showing Trek, my 4 year old silver standard poodle in Open B and Utility B in obedience Friday through Sunday. Pumpkin, my red miniature poodle, will be making his obedience debut in Novice B all three days. What is so exciting about this, you may ask? Pumpkin is one month shy of his 11th birthday. That just goes to show that you can teach an old dog new tricks.

My kennel club, Stone City Kennel Club (website is under construction), will be demonstrating obedience during lunch time on Saturday and Sunday if time permits. Then after the show, our club has two teams competing in the team obedience competition. This is a lot of fun to watch. Then there will be a heel down, where the last human / dog team left wins a cash prize. It's kind of like a Simon says for the competition obedience world.

Other than that, I am about half way through the semester at Dominican University. After this semester, I only have two classes to finish my masters degree; there is light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Graduation Aug '07 HERE I COME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home